5 FAST FACTS ABOUT HEADSHOTS
1. Your headshot is a quick glimpse at not only what you look like, but who you are as an individual. A great image can give you an edge against your competition.
2. Your session can take place indoors or outdoors depending on the mood you are trying to convey.
3. Practising your facial expressions in the mirror before the session can help you to find your best angle and most flattering look. Make sure that you practice both smiling with teeth showing and without teeth showing as we will be doing both during your session.
4. When it comes to choosing your final images, be open to the photographer’s top choices. You want images that will speak immediately to those involved in the casting process, potential clients, or whoever these images are geared toward. Your photographer has a trained eye when it comes to the overall mood and communication of an image and can help you to see how each image communicates to its audience.
5. Having your professional photographer print your headshots will ensure that you have a quality, archival image that is true to color. This is especially important for tear sheets and comp cards. Our monitors are calibrated with our printers to guarantee that the image stays as it was intended when printed. We cannot guarantee images printed outside of our studio.
HERE ARE JUST A FEW REASONS YOU MAY NEED A GREAT HEADSHOT:
*Social media account profile pictures (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) *Newspaper or magazine articles *Dating sites *Professional forums and discussion boards *Your business website *Comp cards and/or tear sheets for models and actors *Business cards *Personal branding *Marketing/Promotions *Resumes *As a gift
PUT YOUR BEST FACE FOWARD
Headshots have been an industry staple for models, actors, and musicians for decades; but in this digital day and age, there are even more reasons to have a professional headshot ready to go at a moment’s notice.